- A training program that resolves a real organizational issue, while delivering key personal insights, new core skills, and enhanced overall performance
- A multi-level approach to decision making, project management, team development, and personal growth
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end to life."
Robert Louis Stevenson
The most impactful and lasting learning happens in the real world, not in the classroom! The basic ingredients of an effective learning experience simply cannot be fully engaged through "let's-pretend" exercises. The more far-reaching the training issue is, the more impossible it is to simulate. Year after year, organizations devote training dollars to improving peoples' skills in vital but elusive areas such as communication, teamwork, and leadership. But most conventional organizational development (OD) training programs simply do not deliver much bang-for-the-buck.
"The achievement of personality means nothing less than the optimum development of the whole individual human being."
C. G. Jung
Integrated Problem-Solving™ (IPS), a teaching modality developed at Wellness Resources of Vermont, redefines OD training. By focusing on a challenging, real organizational issue, IPS activates several key elements of high-impact learning.
- It engages participants by tackling real issues that they truly care about.
- Direct relevance to their job guarantees active participation.
- The techniques needed to grasp and retain the lessons are the very same skills taught in the training. (See Core Learning)
- Hands-on experience transforms theory into practical personal skills. (See Experiential Learning)
- Participants practice and reinforce the lessons they learned as they immediately apply them in their daily work.
- "Organizational learning" spreads the impact, as coworkers learn from the successful examples of training-group members.
The bottom line for organizations:
- Cost-effective delivery of an immediate, high-quality solution to a difficult problem
- A more effective, fine-tuned team
- Lasting improvements in how leaders and employees operate every day
- Improved relationships between team members, better communication, mutual respect, enhanced creativity, more effective problem-solving, agility and adaptability, better decisions, improved morale, and greater productivity
The bottom line for individuals:
- Enhanced personal and professional effectiveness
- Greater sense of purpose and personal fulfillment
- Better, more productive relationships
The Integrated Problem-Solving program can be used in several different ways:
- IPS teaches the insights of personality type for decision-making to people with no exposure to the type model.
- IPS also works beautifully as advanced training for those who have been exposed to the MBTI® instrument. It provides a powerful, practical answer to people who already know their personality type and are wondering "What's next? How do we apply this insight in our work and our lives?"
- The IPS approach is ideally suited for use with teams of six to twelve people, but is also very effective as a personal-development coaching tool for individuals, and can be easily adapted for large groups as well.